This document provides instructions on how to install the SQL Server 2012 SP1 Demo 15.2.5 content pack. Please note that this content pack (and its prerequisite) takes about 40-60 minutes to install. Follow-up tasks and some manual setup steps will take an additional 10 minutes.
The Pre-Requisites for this installation are the following:
1. Windows Server 2012 installed with the AD DS Role for the Contoso.com Domain
2. A Licensed or evaluation version of SQL 2012 SP1 from Microsoft http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/hh225126.aspx
3. The SQL Server 2012 SP1 ISO should be mounted as Drive D:
4. The Active Directory Demo 2.0 Content Pack has been installed
This installable package is built on the configuration.ini approach of scripting SQL Server installations this document assumes that you have already successfully. Installed Windows Server 2012, and run the Active Directory Demo Content Pack.
The SQL Server 2012 SP1 Content Pack includes the following 4 configuration files which may also be utilized within other content packs.
1. MSSQL.ConfigurationFile - installs SQL Server Database Engine, SQL Server Agent, REPLICATION, SQL Server Full Text, Data Quality Server, , Analysis Services Tabular Mode, , Data Quality Client, SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT), connectivity components, Integration Services, backward compatibility components, software development kit, SQL Server Books Online, SQL Server Management Tools Basic& Advanced, SDK for Microsoft SQL Server Native Client, and the Master Data Services
2. MultiDimensional.ConfigurationFile – installs SQL Server Database Engine, SQL Server Agent, REPLICATION, SQL Server Full Tex, Data Quality Server, Analysis Services Multidimensional mode, and Native Reporting Services
3. PowerPivot.ConfigurationFile – installs Analysis Services PowerPivot Mode calculation engine, preconfigured for in-memory data storage and processing. PowerPivot solution packages, SQL Server Books Online, Database Engine, Configuration Tools, SQL Server Management Studio,
4. RSIntegrated.ConfigurationFile – installs Reporting Services for SharePoint Mode and the Reporting Services add-in for SharePoint Products
The SQL Server 2012 SP1 Content Pack The installation guidance assume that the base VM has been modified accordingly with the pre0requisistes listed above.
Please download and review the SQL Server 2012 SP1 DEMO 2.0 Installation Guidance prior to installing this content pack.
04/06/2013 Resolved an issue with AutoSetup32 that was causing the Installation to fail.
04/20/2013 Resolved issue with installation error if not using drive D: the installation will now find your CD\DVD drive and complete the installation
05/04/2013 Resolved issue with default SQL Instance removed second /ConfigurationFile entry
05/13/2013 Resolved issue on Show to Public this wouldn't be so bad if someone else had completed the upload of the latest release...
05/20/2013 Last release re-introduced several issues I am now using source control and not just notepad plus. v15.2.5
06/09/2013 Video walk through of the SQL Server 2012 SP1 Installation available here http://www.screencast.com/t/l9Xr4of9M
08/04/2013 With the SQL Server 2012 SP1 CU 4, Power View can consume data from multidimensional models. Now Power View users can connect to both the Tabular and Multidimensional formats of the BI Semantic Model. This is achieved through native support for Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) in Analysis Services multidimensional models, ensuring optimal performance and functionality. SQL Server 2012 SP1 CU4 contains a few additional enhancements to the "Power View for Multidimensional Models – Preview" released in November 2012.
To learn more about the release or servicing model, please visit:
•CU#4 KB Article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2833645
•Understanding Incremental Servicing Model for SQL Server http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935897
•SQL Server Support Information: http://support.microsoft.com/ph/2855
Though there is not a requirement for CU4 with any of the current content packs if you plan on installing CU4 Its easier to install CU4 prior to SharePoint 2013 and Configuration of Reporting Services or you will need to upgrade SSAS and SSRS SharePoint mode.