SharePoint Install

Nov 26, 2013 at 12:31 AM
While it seems many folks have been able to get this setup, I am running into some issues along the way. The AD and SQL packs install just fine. Well done. When I get to the SharePoint portion the pre-req installer fails to configure the Web Server (IIS) role. Anyone run in to this?
Nov 28, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Ok. So I got this working. I was trying to install on Server 2012 R2, which is not supported and won't work. Went back to 2012 and applied the needed hotfix.
Nov 28, 2013 at 8:17 PM
However, while the pre-reqs will now install, I have hit a new snag, should anyone read this....

I now get an error "The language of this installation package is not supported by your system." While the install seems to continue, it simply hangs at some point, noit quite sure what it is doing, and I need to close out of the configuration.
Nov 29, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Ok, so I have most of the packs installed, finally. A few issues to note should anyone else find this....

When installing the SharePoint pack, the installer seems to hang after it has actually run though its installation steps. this seems to be a glitch and it just doesn't close out the installer window.

Installing the PeoplePack and BI Demo pack requires running the .\install.ps1 command from within the SharePoint management shell and not by clicking Install from the content pack installer. If you try to run it from the installer it seems to not load the SharePoint cmdlets and you get an error that the cmdlet cannot be found.

I have (hopefully) one last issue to resolve at the moment, and that is with the Visio script. I am getting an error on the restore-spsite command - contains invalid character. I haven't looked into this yet, but if someone knows where the glitch is, please just post. thanks.
Jan 7, 2014 at 9:03 AM
Hi, I know it is a while since you posted here, but I hope you can help me. After quite a battle I have the SharePoint pack installed. I have been battling with the PeoplePack. I see above you said you ran the install.ps file from the SharePoint Powershell. I tried this - even hardcoded the URL it requires..but it just runs into the next variable not populated :-)
Has anybody installed this, who can help me. Do I need to do something to get the script to load the SharePoint Powershell...? It is just not loading...I can run commands directly in the SP Powershell to show the services etc., but the Peoplepack tries to run the full script in Powershell. Giving errors. Please point me in the correct direction...
Jan 9, 2014 at 2:56 PM
Hi.I posted a question to the Codelplex site. I have not seen an answer. I do understand that you are busy. I really need help. I have got as far as the SharePoint content packs being installed and working.
I have been battling with the packs after this. Peoplepack and bi Demo's.
I keep on getting a powershell error. I have added Sharepoint Powershell permanently to my Powershell (using a profile), have made sure that the sites are working in sharepoint, rebooted, tried everything, but I still cannot get anywhere with these two powerpacks.
Please give me advice.
Jan 9, 2014 at 4:50 PM
I am currently on vacation.

Daniel A. Galant
Director of Solutions and Services
EPC Group
Sent from my iPhone