I've been building a DEMO2013A.VHD file and trying to screenshot the steps. However, I came across an Access Denied message after the "Restore-SPSite" command runs during "Self-ServiceBIDemo15.2.6" to restore the root site collection
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Maybe the root cause is SID number mismatch in Active Directory for that same user name (CONTOSO\Administrator) in a different domain. I'm not sure if Export-SPWeb/Import-SPWeb might work better with SID numbers here.
So far in troubleshooting I have tried:
- Restore-SPSite as Administrator, browse
http://intranet.contoso.com/, Access Denied
- Creating a new AD user "spjeff." Granted Site Collection Admin to
http://intranet.contoso.com/, added to Local Admin and Web App Full Policy, log-off Administrator, log-in spjeff, Access Denied
- PowerShell to execute Move-SPUser for all site users, Access Denied
- PowerShell to remove all site users (start clean), Access Denied
Attached are the ULS Verbose logs from this HTTP request. One line that stand out is the below HRESULT.
07/06/2013 20:33:47.67 w3wp.exe (0x0FAC) 0x3974 SharePoint Foundation General ai1wu Medium System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)), StackTrace: at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPReusableAcl
This appears to be caused by AppFabric being Down. I'm researching the EventLog code 6398 and various blogs for steps to resolve.
OK, after fixing AppFabric with steps at
the issue still occurs. I'm back to considering SID mismatch or permissions (AD/SQL/machine resources).
RESOLVED: The root cause was having CONTOSO\SPFARM configured as the Object Cache Super User (Full Control).
- Login as CONTOSO\ADMINISTRATOR
- Created two new users CONTOSO\SPSUPERUSER and CONTOSO\SPSUPERREADER
- Updated the AutoSPInstaller XML
- Run Launch.BAT
- Open http://intranet.contoso.com/ with IE successfully
- Update "ActiveDirectoryDemo 15.2.2" to create 2 more users (SPSUPERUSER/SPSUPERREADER)
- Update "SP2013ConfigDemo15.2.4" AutoSPInstallerInput.XML to use 2 cache users (not farm)