This document provides instructions on how to install the SQL Server 2014 Demo 15.3.1 content pack. Please note that this content pack (and its prerequisite) takes about 40-60 minutes to install. Follow-up tasks and some manual setup steps will take an additional 10 minutes.
The Pre-Requisites for this installation are the following:
1. Windows Server 2012 / R2 installed with the AD DS Role for the Contoso.com Domain
2. A Licensed or evaluation version of SQL 2014 from Microsoft http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/dn205290.aspx
3. The SQL Server 2014 ISO should be mounted as Drive D:
4. The Active Directory Demo 2.0 Content Pack has been installed
This installable package is built on the configuration.ini approach of scripting SQL Server installations this document assumes that you have already successfully. Installed Windows Server 2012, and run the Active Directory Demo Content Pack.
The SQL Server 2014 Content Pack includes the following 4 configuration files which may also be utilized within other content packs.
1. MSSQL.ConfigurationFile - installs SQL Server Database Engine, SQL Server Agent, REPLICATION, SQL Server Full Text, Data Quality Server, , Analysis Services Tabular Mode, , Data Quality Client, SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT), connectivity components, Integration Services, backward compatibility components, software development kit, SQL Server Books Online, SQL Server Management Tools Basic & Advanced, SDK for Microsoft SQL Server Native Client, and the Master Data Services
2. MultiDimensional.ConfigurationFile – installs SQL Server Database Engine, SQL Server Agent, REPLICATION, SQL Server Full Tex, Data Quality Server, Analysis Services Multidimensional mode, and Native Reporting Services
3. PowerPivot.ConfigurationFile – installs Analysis Services PowerPivot Mode calculation engine, preconfigured for in-memory data storage and processing. PowerPivot solution packages, SQL Server Books Online, Database Engine, Configuration Tools, SQL Server Management Studio,
4. RSIntegrated.ConfigurationFile – installs Reporting Services for SharePoint Mode and the Reporting Services add-in for SharePoint Products
The SQL Server 2012 SP1 Content Pack The installation guidance assume that the base VM has been modified accordingly with the pre0requisistes listed above.
Please download and review the SQL Server 2014 DEMO 2.0 Installation Guidance prior to installing this content pack.