This document provides instructions on how to install the Visio Services Demo 2.0. Please note that this content pack takes about 20 minutes to install. Follow-up tasks and some manual setup steps will take an additional 10-20 minutes.
This installable package is built on and for the DEMO2013a SharePoint 2013 virtual machine. This document assumes that you have already successfully created the VM environment with a Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 or Windows 8 Hyper-V host environment. The following instructions refer to this machine as “the base VM” or “DEMO2013a.”
The Visio Services Demo content pack is packaged as a zip file:
The Visio Services Demo 2.0.0 Content Pack has the following pre-requisites :
1. The AD DS Role has been added
2. DCPromo has been completed for the Contoso.com Domain The Server FQDN would be DEMO2013a.Contoso.com
3. Active Directory has been populated by using the PeoplePack UserProfile Provisioning Demo 2.0
4. SQL Server 2012 SP1 is installed and Configured using SQL 2012 SP1 Content Pack Demo Build 2.0.0
5. SharePoint Server 2013 has been installed to http://intranet.contoso.com and http://mysite.contoso.com preferable using the SharePoint Demo Build 2.0
All users of this VM environment use the password pass@word1
1. In Hyper-V, start the base VM.
2. Log on to the VM as Contoso\Administrator.
3. Download the Visio Services Demo content pack
4. If necessary, download the Content Pack Installer executable (ContentPackInstaller.exe) to the desktop.
5. Start the Content Pack Installer
a. Double-click ContentPackInstaller.exe to run it (it will take a few seconds to launch).
6. Locate and install the Content Pack
a. Click the Content Packs tab.
b. Click the Add a content pack tab and click Browse.
c. Locate the VisioServicesDemov2.0.0.zip file, select it, and click Open.
d. Click Add. When the installer finishes extracting the files, you may continue on to the next step.
e. Click Install.
f. Click OK to accept the default path.
The installation process may take 15-20 minutes, and you will not see any feedback indicators other than a flowing progress bar to indicate that work is being done. For advanced users there is a log file named Install-httpintranetcontoso_com-<Date/Time>.log that will be updated with live feedback as the install progresses; it is located under C:\Content Packs\Packs\Visio Services Demo 15.2.0.
7. Review the post-installation document.
a. At this point, the post-installation document will be opened automatically by the installer for reference.
8. Note any messages from the Installer, and then click the close box in the upper-right corner of the Microsoft Content Pack Installer for SharePoint window to finish the installation.
9. For future reference, the demo script, package installation instructions, and post-installation instructions are located here: C:\Demos\VisioServices\Script and Setup Guide
04/05/2013 resolved an issue of requiring multiple files as part of this content pack, now there is only one zip file that needs to be downloaded.
06/09/2013 There is an issue installing this Content Pack and will be resolved soon. It was created using the SharePoint 2013 March 20103 PU. After you install the march PU the Content pack will install