This document provides instructions on how to install the People Pack Demo content pack will load a few 100 hundred users’ pictures that will be used for Social Media, People Search, My Sites, tagging and Blog Creation in later service packs. The primary reason we add this content pack first is that it also creates the service accounts used in most of the demo builds. Please note that this content pack takes about 15 minutes to install.
This installable package is built using the SharePoint Content Pack Installer with PowerShell on a virtual machine. This document assumes that you have already successfully created an environment with Windows Server 2012 Guest or using Hardware. The preferred Server Name for the Server is DEMO2013a. This document may refer to this machine as “the base VM, the Contoso server, or DEMO2013a.
As a best practice, we recommend installing each Content Pack on a “clean” base VM. The Active Directory Content Pack may also be utilized within other content packs. Therefore, in order to maintain the integrity of the Active Directory Content Pack, we advise reverting back to the base image prior to installing additional content packs.
1. The AD DS Role has been added
2. DCPromo has been completed for the Contoso.com Domain
The Server FQDN would be DEMO2013a.Contoso.com
3. Active Directory has been populated by using the Active Directory Content Pack Demo 2.0
4. SQL Server 2012 SP1 is installed and Configured using SQL 2012 SP1 Content Pack Demo Build 2.0.0
5. SharePoint Server 2013 has been installed to http://intranet.contoso.com and http://mysite.contoso.com preferable using the SharePoint Demo Build 2.0
06/09/2013 Walk through the PeoplePack - UserProfile Provisioning Demo 2.0 with this Video http://www.screencast.com/t/OD9Uoi0SO